Wednesday 3 September 2014

The value of Trust !

My mother is a teacher by profession and that too a strict one .Since my childhood ,i remember her being strict with me always.But as i grew older , she started changing and i wondered why ? Today i have the answer to this question .
She changed to build my future.
The most important thing she taught me is the value of  "trust" . Whether its a night out with friends ,or a party(when i have an exam on the next day) or any other such thing for which the general response is "No".
My mom's answer was one of these -"why are you asking me,it's your life ,you decide " or " yes ,go for it,I trust you completely , i know whatever u decide to do will be right".
No one other than me can understand what a huge impact these two statements had on my life.
It taught me the value of trust . Rules and restrictions can bind kids only as long as they are in front of your eyes but once they leave their home . Once they begin their journey of exploring this world with endless possibilities and no restrictions , the only thing that will stop them from doing things that you don't want them to do is your trust. Because they know in their hearts that you trust them so much and then the love they have for you will stop them from going on the wrong path.
It helped me develop the virtue of responsibility , since i knew that if something goes wrong in the future because of the decisions i make today , it will be my responsibility . I wont be able to blame anyone other than myself . She taught me to live life my way so that when i turn back and look and if i feel there was something wrong somewhere, then i wont regret it blaming someone else for it  . I will in fact learn from it since i made that mistake and we all know that the lessons we learn from our own experiences are much closer to our hearts and stay with us longer than the ones learned from someone else's experience .







As a result i never lied to her , never hid anything from her . I became one of those lucky girls whose best friend is their mom.
 Whenever i ask her a question regarding some decision i have to make , she advises me but she never forces me to abide by that. In the end its always my decision . Maybe that's the reason peer pressure and other temptations could never make me do things that i would regret later . She made me independent .
Of course every parent wants to secure their child's future which often leads them to make decisions on behalf of their kids "all the time" . But what do we know about the future? Not everything is in our hands . You never know what will happen tomorrow . So isn't it better if we try to build our child's character rather than future . We all know people with strong character do great things . They make their own future.They make their own destiny.
I feel proud to say that my mom is the coolest mother i know . She is my idol ,my mentor,my adviser and my best friend.









A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MA !

2 comments:

  1. Well,she is the coolest mom in the whole universe...Happy Birthday Maa!! <3 <3 :-* :-)....and this thing is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice :) :) Happy b'day aunty !! :D

    ReplyDelete